This article includes the profile of the Honor of Kings(HoK) hero, Angela, and here we will discuss her, her skills, and her play style.
|Recommended Lane||Mid Lane|
|Team Fight Position||Back Row|
|Azure Golem||High Need|
|Damage Output||Very High|
When the mysterious mage Merlyn accidentally trapped herself in a bubble cage, she was forced to occupy the body of Angela, an unsuspecting passerby, in order to escape.
Thus, it came to be that innocent innocent-looking girl is actually an archmage with the ability to wield powerful magic. However, the young Angela had long admired Arthur, the leader of the Knights of the Round Table. This emotion is still there, and it is so strong that Merlyn is finding it impossible to resist.
Angela is one of those mages in HoK whose game forces you to play at the start, as she is beginner-friendly and easy to use. So, she is the most-played hero in Lower Elo. She is a mage who depends on her skill shots to deal damage and is all about skill shots. If you can hit her skill shots well, it is easy to win fights with her, but if you are not well-trained with skill shots, you will find her hard to play. A good Angela player of Honor of Kings always finds the best position to deal damage, and she can carry some fights solo if all her skill shots land.
Angela’s Skills & Abilities
Passive Skill: Flame Incantation
|– Every time one of Angela’s active skills deals damage, it places 1 stack of Burning on the target and increases her Movement Speed for 3s. Both effects stack up to 10 stacks each.|
– Each stack of Burning causes the target to take an extra 10 (+1% Magical Attack) magical damage for her active skills.
– Each stack increases her Movement Speed by 2%.
1st Skill: Scorching Barrage
|– Angela launches 5 fireballs in the target direction. When a fireball hits an enemy hero, it disappears and deals 270 (+30% Magical Attack) magical damage. Fireballs deal an equal amount of damage to non-hero units in their path.|
– When multiple fireballs hit the same target, subsequent fireballs only deal 30% damage.
2nd Skill: Chaos Cinders
|– Angela launches a fireball in the target direction, which forms a flame vortex upon hitting an enemy or reaching its max range, stunning the first enemy hit for 1s. |
– The flame vortex deals 130 (+17% Magical Attack) magical damage to nearby enemies every 0.5s and reduces their Movement Speed by 50% for 1.5s.
3rd Skill: Blazing Brilliance
|– Angela channels a blazing beam in the target direction, dealing up to 12 strikes of 150 (+21% magical Attack) magical damage to enemies in its way. She can adjust the direction of the beam while channelling.|
– Upon channelling the beam, she gains a shield that grants immunity and negates 850 (+88% Magical Attack) damage.
Angela’s Voice Lines (Dialogues)
|Knowledge equals power!|
|I may look inexperienced, but…never judge a book by its cover!|
|Life is like magic. You never know what’s next!|
|Study of the occult only leads to the deeper occult!|
|Magic exists for my convenience!|
|Losers, shame on you!|
|Everybody has a plan until they get a fireball in the face!|
|Bingo! I’m here to kick some butt!|
|Never…Play with fire…|
|Ha-ha! You’re in trouble now!|
|You’ve made me mad, and now you’ll be sorry!|
|You go first.|
|I’ll light a candle at your funeral!|
|I’ll set you on fire and then watch the fireworks.|
How to play Angela?
Here are some tips you must consider to play and master Angela in Honor of Kings:
- Angela’s passive allows her to deal more damage from her subsequent skill attacks every time she hits an enemy with one of her skills. So, it is crucial to land her skill shots to scale her into the late game.
- Her skill 1 is the main source of her damage during the early game. So, use it to poke enemies and goo all in them once they are low enough.
- Angela’s CC hurls a fireball that turns into a firestorm when it hits an enemy. It stuns the target. So, use 2nd skill, and if the target is stunned, use skill 1 to deal burst damage.
- She emits light rays in the target direction, dealing damage over time. She also gains shield and immunity while she is using her ult. So, use your ult to combo with your other skills. You can also use your ult to dodge the enemy’s crucial knock-ups and damage.
- Deal with tanks if only your team are busy in teamfight with them.