This article includes the profile of the Honor of Kings(HoK) hero, Gan & Mo (Smith & Blade), and here we will discuss their playstyle, skills, voice lines and more.
Gan & Mo (Smith & Blade)
|Recommended Lane||Mid Lane|
|Team Fight Position||Back Row|
|Azure Golem||High Need|
|Damage Output||Very High(True Damage)|
Gan Jiang was a master swordsmith from the Misty Marshes with an unnatural obsession with swords and blades. His wife Mo Ye had been bedridden for a long time when one day, in a fit of insanity, she threw herself into the forge, sacrificing her life to grant him a divine blade.
Gan Jiang tried to rescue her, but it was too late. Filled with regret, her allowed himself to be corrupted by sorcery so that he could be one with the sword. As the two became one, the divine blade transformed into his wife’s likeness, and now, Gan and Mo will never be separated again.
Gan & Mo, also popular by the name Smith and Blade, is an artillery mage in HoK, which means he maintains his distance and keeps doing damage from far away. You may find it annoying to play against his good players as they poke you out from a far distance so much that it will be impossible for you to join fights.
Gan & Mo is a late-game hero of Honor of Kings and can scale very smoothly because he can farm from a long distance late against her counter match-up. There are not so many counters to him in the lane, but he is vulnerable to assassins. However, if he plays really well by using her 1st skill well, then even assassins or fighters will have a hard time against him.
Gan & Mo’s Skills & Abilities
Passive Skill: Forever Entwined
|– Whenever Smith uses his Flying Sword skills, Blade unleashes an equal number of Flying Swords to the same location simultaneously to deal equal damage. The Flying Swords place 1 stack of Sword Energy on enemies hit. If the Sword hits a marked target, each stack deals 100 (+15% Magical Attack) magical damage. |
– If multiple Flying Swords hit a marked target at the same subsequent hits it only triggers 50% of this damage.
1s Skill: Guard Her Grave
|– As Smith & Blade look after each other, whenever Smith unleashes his Splitting Sword in the target direction, he deals 300 (+50% of Magical Attack)magical damage twice and knocks back enemies in range while retreating in the opposite direction. |
– Passive: Each defeat or assist grants Smith a stack of Splitting Sword, increasing his Magical Attack by 15/stack, up to 20 stacks.
2nd Skill: Coupled Blades-Short
|– Looking at each other, whenever Smith unleashes his Splitting Sword in the target direction, he deals 350 (+45% of Magical Attack) magical damage to enemies in the path and an extra 100 (+15% of Magical Attack) magical damage to those inflicted with Sword Energy.|
3rd Skill: Coupled Blades-Long
|– As Smith and Blade look after each other, whenever Smith unleashes his Splitting Sword in the target direction, he deals 350 (+45% of Magical Attack)magical damage to enemies in the path and an extra 100 (+15% of Magical Attack) magical damage to those inflicted with Sword Energy.|
4th Skill: Freshly Forged
|– They summon an infinite number of swords, reset their Skill 2 and Skill 3, and enhance the next Skill 2 or Skill 3, allowing them to unleash an extra Flying Sword.|
– Passive: Smith and Blade gain an increased 15% vision around themselves, and each Flying Sword that hits an enemy reduces their Ultimate cooldown by 1s.
Gan & Mo’s Voice Lines (Dialogues)
|Two souls, one body. One love, never-ending|
|The sword is drawn. Drawn, for revenge|
|The best sword. Is always the next one|
|In death or in life. Together or apart. Always with you. Just as I promised.|
|I asked for your hand. I give you my life|
|We forget our own separation. Now, we will forge theirs|
|We are one. A double-edged sword|
|I’ll forget your blood and bone! and be your blade.|
|I will forget a sword! and be the crucible.|
|Meltdown their lives. Cast them in their tombs.|
|We forget blasphemous things. As sublime offerings.|
|Return with me. To ashes and dust.|
|They will soon…be torn to shreds.|
|My sword… is unstoppable.|
|Taste my sword. Taste your doom.|
|They are jealous. Because they are lonely. They are furious. Because they are helpless.|
How to play Gan & Mo (Smith & Blade)?
Here are some tips you must consider to play and master Gan & Mo in Honor of Kings:
- This couple completely depends on her skill shots to do damage, so you can not afford to miss most of your skill shots, especially in crucial situations. You need to always position yourself in such a way that an Assassin has to come and get through your team to reach you. That way, even if you die, your team can kill their Assassin.
- Gan & Mo’s passive is that he deals extra damage through basic attacks. His sword marks sword energy, and the marked target takes even more damage. He moves backwards with his 1st skill while knocking back the enemy and reducing their magical resistance. So, it is significant for him because this is the Main tool for survival when an assassin/fighter comes for him.
- His 2nd skill and 3rd skill are skill shots, which deal a lot of damage if you hit the target. Ultimate of Smith and Blade enhances her 2nd and 3rd skills. It means he deals extra damage after he uses her ultimate. If you apply your combos, which use 1st skill properly, you can instantly kill someone effortlessly.